- Organization Name:Abbott Northwestern Foundation for the Institute for Health and Healing
800 East 28th St.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
The Penny George Institute for Health and Healing, which is part of Abbott Northwestern Hospital and the Abbott Northwestern Hospital Foundation, seeks to become an innovative national model of integrative medicine that will:
1. Establish a comprehensive Integrative Medicine process and program that blends the best evidenced-based conventional therapies and healing therapies and optimizes whole-person patient-centered standards of care across all Centers of Excellence, both inpatient and outpatient.
2. Establish a living laboratory for the development of innovative proactive models of care that embrace the strengths of the whole person – mind, body and spirit – and the families and the communities in which they live; and that promote an understanding of the interdependent nature of healing by strengthening the sacred bonds between patients and their families and caregivers.
The Penny George Institute for Health and Healing (IHH) at Abbott Northwestern Hospital was founded by the George Family Foundation and the Ted and Roberta Mann Foundation in 2003 to create a comprehensive Integrative Medicine program blending the best evidenced-based conventional therapies and healing therapies of other traditions. IHH optimizes whole-person, patient-centered standards of care, emphasizing healing as much as curing.
Each month, the Institute’s team of integrative health professionals provides enhanced care through more than 1,500 inpatient visits and nearly 700 outpatient visits. The inpatient care teams provide personalized combinations of acupuncture, massage, guided imagery and energy work to nearly 15 percent of all patients hospitalized at Abbott Northwestern. It is the largest hospital-based program in the country. The Institute’s Outpatient Clinic offers these services plus biofeedback, classical Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, and physician and interventional nutrition consultations. For patient groups, the Institute’s Outpatient Clinic provides numerous specialized health education and self-care skills development programs. A state-of-the-art fitness center supports these programs with advanced diagnostic tools and exercise equipment. All of these programs are staffed by exceptional professionals dedicated to the wellness and healing of the whole person.
- Year established:2003
- Organization type:Grantseeker
- Country of registration:United States
- Tax Determination Letter:Received Determination Letter
- IRS Section:501(c)(3)
- IRS Subsection:509(a)(3)
Other Website Listings
- Guidestar listed:Yes
Types of funding being sought (i.e. funding type)
- Program Related Investment:Yes
Program areas of focus and activity (i.e. funding cause)
- Human Services:Medium
- Public Benefit, Society Benefit:Medium
- Science, Technology:Medium
- Social Science, Public Policy:Medium
Geographic areas of focus and activity (i.e. geographic area)
Organization tax information is not viewable for this organization.