- Organization Name:AFRICAN COMMUNITY BRIDGE FOUNDATION
- Address:PLOT 17B KWAME NKRUMAH CRESCENT, ASOKORO, FCT,
to improve the quality of life for underprivileged individuals in Sub-saharan Africa
The African Community Bridge Foundation (ACBF) is an African Non-Governmental and not- for- profit organization operating in Sub-Saharan Africa, with a focus on Nigeria. Designed to bring purpose and hope to some of the most under-served individuals in Africa – namely women, girls and youths living in rural areas, ACBF programs address the urgent needs of those who live below the poverty line. We help such individuals, families and communities become viable and sustainable, while working towards creating equal opportunities for all through implementation partnership on development projects that address issues on:
2. Economic Empowerment
3. Global health
4. Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.
Our partnerships include:
• CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA (CBN) – Implementation partners with CBN and seven (7) State Governments to operate Entrepreneurial Development Centers in the North Central Geo-political zone of Nigeria. These states include The Federal Capital Territory/Abuja, Benue, Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Nassarawa, and Plateau.
• USAID/CHEMONICS - MOU signed with MARKETS II Division of Chemonics to launch a pilot project linking aquaculture training with entrepreneurial skills. Program will prepare youth (ages 17-29) to successfully operate tank-based fish farms while positively impacting the fish value chain in Nigeria.
• SOCIETY FOR FAMILY HEALTH – Launching pilot project to provide Female Sex Workers who wish to change careers with a viable and sustainable means of transitioning to alternative livelihoods through entrepreneurship training.
• NIGERIAN HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION – Partnership memorandum signed to jointly develop an economic empowerment program for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) who have fled Nigeria’s North East geo-political zone to escape violence from insurgents including Boko Haram
Established in 2002, The African Community Bridge Foundation aims to improve the lives of impoverished individuals in sub-Saharan Africa by bridging the gap between underdeveloped communities/persons and means of sustainable development in form of advocacy, funding and technical assistance. This landslide idea is based on Dr. Martin Luther King's global vision of a place where “all people can equally share in the abundant resources of our world”; this has been the foundation on which we stand. Situated in Nigeria, we work with the least educated, most socially and economically underprivileged youth and adults, especially in rural areas. We aim to increase their incomes, nudge them towards economic independence and help them to be productive members of their communities.
We prioritize local capacity building for youth and give them the tools they need to succeed either as local business owners or employees of reputable and international organizations.
- Year established:2002
- Organization type:Grantseeker
- Country of registration:Other
Types of funding being sought (i.e. funding type)
- None specified
Program areas of focus and activity (i.e. funding cause)
Geographic areas of focus and activity (i.e. geographic area)