- Organization Name:African Young Empowerment Initiative International
* To open young people’s minds to different world views through exploring cultural differences and diversity. To us culture is not only the traditional customs but also how we communities organize themselves and change.
* To setup and promote international cooperation pertaining to youth.
* To promote creativity in all kinds of arts and writings.
* To develop programmes to mobilize youth to play a role in global development.
* Identifying the needed vocational training for youth especially those who did not benefit from conventional education system.
* To make formal education accessible to the vulnerable children and orphans through providing them with school fees, medical assistance, food, shelter and physical support and counseling.
To set up a rehabilitation center for youth and children. In this centre, the youth who could not benefit from conventional education will have vocational training, this will include, Computer training, tailoring, brick laying, carpentry, catering and many other programmes. This will target orphans, street children, child mother’s ands the disabled youth
African Young Empowerment Initiative International is charity organization based in Jinja district of Uganda. The major objective of African Young Empowerment Initiative International is to transform the lives of children and youth so as to bring hope and a smile on their faces. Hundreds of millions of children are exploited, abused, and violently attacked each year. Many work as virtual slaves in hazardous conditions. Others are abducted and forced to become child soldiers or child prostitutes. The trust of many children has been further betrayed by incest and other horrific acts of abuse.
- Year established:2006
- Organization type:Grantseeker
- Country of registration:Other
Types of funding being sought (i.e. funding type)
- Program Related Investment:Yes
Program areas of focus and activity (i.e. funding cause)
- Arts, Culture, Humanities:Medium
- Disaster Relief:High
- Human Services:Low
- International or Foreign Affairs:Medium
- Public Benefit, Society Benefit:High
- Science, Technology:Low
- Social Science, Public Policy:Low
Geographic areas of focus and activity (i.e. geographic area)