- Organization Name:A Woman's Place
- Address:PO Box 299
Doylestown, PA 18901
- Follow on Facebook:
- Follow on Twitter:
- Make a Donation:http://awomansplace.org/donate/online-donation.htm...
AWP is a community-based social change organization committed to the empowerment of women and to ending intimate and domestic violence for all.
Founded in 1976, A Woman’s Place (AWP) is the only domestic violence organization in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. AWP’s services are varied and wide-reaching. Annually, for over 2,900 domestic violence victims and their children who turn to the organizations for direct services, AWP provides free, private, confidential, and comprehensive shelter, support, advocacy, and assistance. . To over 8,900 children and adults in Bucks County, AWP offers outreach, training, and education. AWP’s services and opportunities are offered through the organization’s three primary programs:
• The Safe Options Project offers services to victims of domestic violence and their children that provide them the opportunity to make choices and changes that will lead to safer and healthier living. AWP provides clients with the necessary tools, resources, education, and support that will empower them to move from crisis to flourishing. AWP’s Safe Options Project also advocates ongoing training to individuals, agencies, and institutions within the justice system to create lasting social change.
• The Prevention Project builds the community's ability to break the cycle of violence by helping individuals, families, organizations, and groups understand the issue of domestic violence and how they can be part of the solution. Through community awareness events, workshops, trainings, coalition work, and other programming, AWP strengthens community knowledge and begins to replace attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors that allow violence to continue with ones that promote safety, justice, and equality instead.
• The Empowerment Project creates the conditions and builds the skills needed to strengthen individuals and communities so that they may flourish. Open to all members of the community, programs within The Empowerment Project offers guidance on career-planning, financial planning, wellness programs, and leadership, and also include book and writing clubs for adults and teens.
In 1976 A Woman's Place (AWP) was a storefront, drop-in domestic violence counseling center in Sellersville, PA. The following year AWP incorporated as a private, community benefit organization. Above that storefront center was AWP’s first shelter for women seeking safety from abuse. The first woman seeking safety arrived with her two children at the tiny, one-room shelter apartment on Christmas Eve 1976.
In 2016, as AWP celebrates its 40th anniversary, the organization has grown significantly both in terms of capacity and scope. AWP remains the only domestic violence organization in Bucks County, PA and now touches tens of thousands of lives annually with our many programs and services, including first response interventions, 24-hour hotline, and shelter services, empowerment services, and community prevention and education services.
- Year established:1976
- Organization type:Grantseeker
- Country of registration:United States
- Tax Determination Letter:Received Determination Letter
- IRS Section:501(c)(3)
- IRS Subsection:None
Types of funding being sought (i.e. funding type)
- None specified
Program areas of focus and activity (i.e. funding cause)
- None specified
Geographic areas of focus and activity (i.e. geographic area)
- None specified
IRS Business Master File Information
- Organization Name:A WOMANS PLACE
- Sort (Secondary) Name:
- Care Of Name:
- Organization Address:PO BOX 299
- Organization City:DOYLESTOWN
- Organization State:PA
- Organization Zip:18901-0299
- Group Exemption Number:0000
- Subsection Code:03
- Classification Code(s):1, 2
- Subsection/Classification Desc.:Charitable Organization, Educational Organization
- Affiliation Code:3
- Ruling Date:December, 1969
- Deductibility Code:1
- Foundation Code:15
- Foundation Code Desc.:Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public 170(b)(1)(A)(vi)
- Activity Code(s):399, 569
- Activity Code Desc.(s):Other housing activities, Referral service (social agencies)
- Organization Code:1 (Corporation)
- Exempt Org. Status Code:01 (Unconditional Exemption)
- Tax Period:June, 2016
- Filing Requirement Category:01 (990 (all other) or 990EZ return)
- Accounting Period:June
- NTEE Code:
- Asset Amount:$2,007,492
- Asset Code:6 ($1,000,000 - $4,999,999)
- Income Amount:$3,685,269
- Income Code:6 ($1,000,000 - $4,999,999)
- 990 Revenue Amount:$3,167,222
- Last Updated:3/1/2017 1:57:52 pm
This information is directly from the IRS Exempt Organization Business Master File at Exempt Organizations Business Master File Extract. This information is not under the control of the Common Grant Application and is collected and compiled and can only be changed by the IRS.